Sunday, May 28, 2017

Alpha-Beta Soup

Happy Sunday, Studs.

A fan recently wrote to me and asked what my thoughts were on the dynamic of The Alpha Male and beta males.

Like many things, you'll find that I think this is a hot concept and one you'll see echoed in a lot of my writing. Of the few comments I've found vanity searching about myself and my work on the internet (hint hint, you all aren't out there praising me enough) one of them goes as follows:

"Size Queen Supreme:

Probably responsible for my fetish for completely ridiculous/over-the-top alpha male types and slavishly obedient women. She writes about crazy fucking women and it’s really dorky and lame, so you’re sort of laughing at it, but also getting crazy turned on at the same time." 

Now you might think I'm angry or upset at the parts of the above that aren't flattering, but on the other hand, he literally credits me with responsibility for giving him a fetish. That's not something to take lightly, and I only hope it's a fetish that gives him more pleasure over the course of his life than pain.

But I digress. Obviously, I write about Alpha Males. I have since my very first published erotica back in 2004, and while they don't appear in literally all my stories, there is something appealing about not just a huge cock, but the commanding attitude and swagger that often come along with it.

Taken outside of the context of fantasy, I find the very concept of "Alpha" or "Beta" people to be utterly dehumanizing. We take the idea from our own observations of Wolf Packs or Horses where a single dominant male essentially maintains a breeding harem of females and asserts physical dominance over the others until one of them can finally push him out due to age or infirmity.

But here's the thing. Humans aren't wolves or horses. We're primates. Our ancient ancestors did not have harems, nor rely on the idea of a single breeding stock to further our species. Most of our evolutionary traits suggest that we had numerous strategies for successfully getting with the opposite sex ranging from brute force, to enticement, to sneaky trickery.

More importantly, our ancestor females were evolved to make sex the opposite of a solo-pair act. In "Sex at Dawn" a wonderful book for examining the complexity of human sexual evolution, the authors make particular note of the phenomenon of female vocalization during sex. In Harem or Alpha-Beta type species, the women don't make loud noises at all. Humans and other primates on the other hand are absolutely DEAFENING in the moaning department! Screaming during sex is a call to the other primates, "See what's happening here! Come here! Get horny! You should all fuck! And fuck me too!" And then all those primates get together, have orgies basically, and in the end no one really knows who's kids are who's.

And that's the brilliant part. Removing obvious linkage to our offspring meant that as a UNIT, as a cohesive society, humans (and other primates) have every reason to love and defend all the children of the tribe equally ,to value all the members equally, and generally be strong as a group rather than as individuals. That's part of why humans are such a diverse and successful species. I think it's ugly and stupid to try to apply the standards of completely different animals to ourselves at times, and when I see people getting shunted into categories like "Alpha" and "Beta" that's when I worry.

But now that I've bored your balls off with an anthropology lesson, let me speak to the fantasy side of things.

Yes, it's an absolutely cunt-melting thought, the superior, strong stud of an alpha male:

And there's no better way to make the superiority of said alpha any clearer than to compare it with another, lesser male:

That's right boys. Figure out if you're the cock in her right hand or the cock in her left, and sort yourselves accordingly.

Beta's to the left.

I'll be over here with the big Alpha cocks instead.

Goodnight.




1 comment:

  1. It's reassuring to me when someone can work or even just play on the fanatical side like yourself yet when the buzzer goes of and work is done your suddenly the strict librarian with an unbreakable meter stick of education and fact lol. If there were more women like you when I was growing up I might of turned out into a fine stud. Keep up the good work miss divine, and never become detered...you know unless some stud needs servicing, all work and no play make veronica something something ;P

    ReplyDelete